Founded in 1997, XDD, LLC is an environmental consulting and engineering firm that focuses on the evaluation, design and implementation of remedial technologies. Since our founding, XDD has earned a national reputation for its:
- remediation expertise and for the ability to develop site exit strategies
- evaluate remedial alternatives
- negotiate regulatory options
- conduct laboratory and field pilot testing, and
- design and implement a variety of full-scale soil and groundwater remediation technologies.
XDD utilizes each of these steps to better meet our client’s goals of achieving regulatory closure, reducing risk, and minimizing long-term costs.
“Our command of the latest technologies and national regulatory knowledge let us provide alternatives that will get the job done right. With some clean-ups taking several years, we’re sensitive to the need for timely and cost-effective solutions, which is something we deliver every step of the way, from investigation through implementation and monitoring.”
Michael C. Marley, President
As a firm that employs highly-skilled remediation experts, XDD qualifies as a small business enterprise under the NAICS codes 541620 (Environmental Consulting Services) and 562910 (Remediation Services). XDD can provide turn‐key solutions or support your engineering team, and we have a very successful track record of teaming with consulting firms on numerous private and government projects.
Email XDD at firstname.lastname@example.org for case studies associated with our in situ remedial technology experience.
- Conducted in-situ remediation activities at 100’s of sites and have successfully injected >2 million pounds oxidants
- First application of air sparging in US in 1989
- Authored American Petroleum Institute’s Air Sparging Guidance Document (1996)
- First application of pure oxygen biosparging in 1994/1995 (EPA Region 1 Superfund Site)
- First in US to apply stabilized hydrogen peroxide
- First in US to apply activated persulfate and combined permanganate and persulfate (DUOX)
- Authored USEPA Innovative Technology Evaluation Report Xpert Design and Diagnostics’ (XDD) In Situ Cehmical Oxidation Process Using Potassium Permanganate
- Co‐authored four chapters in the SERDP/ESTCP manual, In Situ Chemical Oxidation for Groundwater Remediation (Siegrist, et al.)
- Contributed to ITRC Technical and Regulatory Guidance for In Situ Chemical Oxidation of Contaminated Soil and Groundwater (2005)
- Conducted EPRI‐sponsored study for the treatment of MGP residuals with In Situ Chemical Oxidation for the utility industry
- Co‐Principal Investigator in DOD SERDP-funded research on potential for metals mobilization and prevention during ISCO (ER‐2132)
- Contributor, Soil Vapor Extraction using Radio Frequency Heating (Lowe, et al.)
- Developed application of radio frequency heating (RFH) to accelerate SVE and biodegration processes
- Assisted EPA with developing soil gas monitoring protocols for Assessment of Vapor Intrusion in Homes Near the Raymark Superfund Site Using Basement and Sub-Slab Air Samples (2006)
- Successful treatment of emerging contaminants such as PFOS, PFOA, and 1,4-dioxane for our industrial clients
- Contributed to in situ chemical oxidation component of Chlorinated Solvent Source Zone Remediation (2014)